TERMS & CONDITIONS
MAKE MUSIC CHICAGO 2017
PARTICIPANT TERMS of AGREEMENT
By participating in Make Music Chicago (presented by the International Music Foundation) on June 21, 2017, the performing musician/ensemble or site host (referred to herein as “Participant”) accepts the following terms and conditions:
1. The Participant will receive no compensation for this performance. Busking for tips is not permitted.
2. The Participant conveys to the International Music Foundation all copyright, trademark, license and proprietary rights in the Performance including, without limitation, the right to: a) reproduce, record, transmit the performance in all forms, modes or vehicles, b) edit or re-edit the performance for such reproduction, c) prepare derivative works based on the Performance, d) distribute or syndicate any and all copies of the Performances to the public, e) publicly display, broadcast or show the Performance in all forms both simultaneously and thereafter and f) vend or otherwise dispose or exercise with respect to the Performance any or all rights granted hereunder for promotional or non-commercial purposes.
3. The Participant warrants and covenants that the Performance, in whole or in part, or the exercise of any right granted hereunder does not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, or other property right of any person and any liability which may arise thereunder shall be solely the liability of the performer.
4. The Participant conveys to the International Music Foundation the right to use and disseminate in any medium the Performer’s name, picture, likeness and voice for promotional and marketing purposes.
5. The Participant acknowledges that the Performance must occur in a venue that is open without charge to people of all ages and agrees to refrain from any language and conduct that may be unsuitable for young ages.
6. The Participant shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless International Music Foundation, its respective employees, agents and volunteers from and against any and all claims, suits, judgments, costs or expenses with respect to its performance of this Agreement.
7. By accepting the above terms, the Participant represents and warrants that he/she has the legal right and power to enter into this Agreement on behalf of the Performer(s) and/or Site.
8. Make Music Chicago will occur rain or shine on June 21, 2017.
9. The Participant is solely responsible for the safety and security of his/her instruments, cases, equipment, and other property.